Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's been awhile...

Life has been interesting since the last time I've posted. My focus on the positive in life is improving although I know one area I need to work on is my relationship with my mother.

I've been reading a lot and focusing on my goals.

I was just offered a new job yesterday and I start nursing school in less than a month.

I get to visit my sweetheart in about 3 weeks and I was able to find a ticket for a very good price.

Even though life has still been throwing obstacles my way, I am generally content during my days for the following reasons:

1. I put a lot of my focus towards what I desire and I know that I will achieve it all someday. I wrote a page on what I want my life to look like the type of life I will be living in just a few short years. I read it every morning as part of my positive morning ritual and I often read it at selected moments throughout the day: during break at work, etc.

2. I have an awesome brother to talk to and we freely share our feelings on everything. He helps me keep things in perspective while not downplaying my views or feelings and I do the same for him. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful brother.

3. I have been reading a lot of books on the power of thought on our lives. I downloaded most of the free ebooks from this site and have been reading them on my Kindle. I can't say that I agree with everything I read but I'm keeping an open mind because I know that my current way of thinking isn't working for me.

4. I have also been engaging in a lot of self-care. Reading magazines that inspire and uplift both sides of my brain; I have subscriptions to  O the Oprah Magazine and Inc., Magazine. I've started painting my nails regularly again. Right now I'm wearing a beautiful, bright yellow that brings a smile to my face whenever I glance down at my hands. I'm also looking for a way to keep my hair both low-maintenance and stylish.

5. I've been jogging every weekday morning.

There's lots more that I want to share but I think it's better if I save little for later. I think 2 blog posts per week is an achievable goal for this site. I'm itching to share my positive morning routine and (possibly) the page I have written about my future.

thanks for reading

light and love

No comments:

Post a Comment