Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I wonder

is it possible to become a more positive person without losing your sense of compassion for others? And I mean true compassion where you really try to understand the negative places that a person and their feelings are coming from without immediately trying to change their views or force them to be positive.

This is one of the things that keeps me from jumping with both feet into the whole "law of attraction" and "you get what your mind focuses on" philosophy.

I just don't see that. Most people are where they are due to the socioeconomic conditions of their family members for generations. People can change those conditions but the amount of work and, even more importantly, the mindset change that it takes to overcome those conditions are absolutely extraordinary and they can't be whittle down to "you become what you think about." This doesn't even include the people of all socioeconomic conditions who are hit with random, horrible and negative events.

I just feel there's already so little compassion in this world for people who are hurting for a variety of reasons that they didn't ask for.

Yet I want to be positive. I want to see meaning in this world for myself. I want to see parenthood in a positive life.

I look at certain people who just seem to have so much motivation to get things done and I wonder where it comes from. I just don't have it. I can think of things I would be interested in doing but they all seem to take so much effort to get somewhere meaningful. Which I think is okay if you enjoy "effort" part but I don't. Soooo I'm not sure what to do. And I can't remain still because I'm not in the position to do that and survive in this world.

I wonder where I can get this motivation since I wasn't born with it. (I honestly believe there are people who were born very motivated and more intelligent than average and those are the people who escape levels of ridiculous poverty to become ridiculously wealthy. It goes so much farther than  hard work.)

Maybe I'll even make this blog an accountability partner in terms of motivation.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment